This page was very out of date, and will be rewritten when time allows. For now, I have inclded the current
auction rules below, but more informtion will be added soon.
Please check back again at a later date for page updates.
Presented here are the auction rules that govern the auctions conducted by the SCCS.
Please be aware that these rules changed in mid-year 2022. Bidders, please read these carefully
and bid accordingly.
- All bids must be made at or above the specified minimum bid for the lot and must be in dollar
amounts (no cents). Lots will be sold for the highest bid, or for 10% above the immediate
underbid (rounded up), whichever is less. Example: if Bidder 1 placed the high bid of $25,
and Bidder 2 placed the second highest bid of $14, then Bidder 1 wins the lot for $16
(1.1 x $14 = $15.40, rounded up to the nearest dollar).
- 2. If only one bid is received for a lot, the bidder will pay only the minimum bid listed,
regardless of their bid. Example: Bidder 1 places a bid of $25 for a lot with a $20 minimum. If
this is the only bid, the selling price would be $20.
- 3. In case of a tie bid, the first bid received, determined by date of email or postmark,
will be awarded at the bid amount placed by both bidders.
- 4. Successful bidders will pay the postage, insurance, and packaging for their lots.
Payment is expected within ten (10) days of invoice receipt. NO lots will be shipped until paid
in full. Checks should be made out to “Vince Jones - SCCS Auction”.
- 5. Only misdescribed lots are eligible for return; mistakes by the bidder are not sufficient
cause. Returns must be made within 10 days of receipt. Please email email@example.com BEFORE shipping.
- 6. Bids and/or questions should be emailed to
(the quickest way) or by snail mail to Vince Jones, 825 Revere Way, Emerald Hills, CA 94062.
Email bids should use the the subject title “SCCS Auction Bids”.
- The final date for accepting bids for each auction will be posted when the auction is posted.
No bids will be accepted after that date.